UPDATED 10 JULY 2020
The Welsh Government is slowly reducing the lockdown measurements introduced in March 20. However, the lockdown rules differ between Wales, England, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Please be aware that all clubs and players currently situated within the Welsh boarders are subject to the Welsh Government guidance. The most up to date guidance can be found here: https://gov.wales
Until the next review by the Welsh Government the following applies for Volleyball in Wales:
- Members of 2 separate households are allowed to exercise outdoors
- Exercising or playing sports in groups, for example with friends, is still not allowed
- Practice social distancing with people outside your household (keep 2 metres apart)
- Outdoor activity only
- All indoor sports courts remain shut
- Outdoor sport facilities are allowed to open. The operators of these grounds and facilities must take all necessary measures to manage risk and maintain social distance.
- Team sports, contact sports and large gatherings of people are not allowed – that applies to volleyball and beach volleyball as a team sport.
- No gameplay / competition
- Training only / no gameplay
- No club or coached sessions are permitted
- Limit cooperative play, ensure players hands and arms are cleaned before, during and after play. Ensure equipment is cleaned before and after.
Further information will be provided in line with Welsh Government guidance.