Volleyball is one of the most popular sports in the world. We are looking to develop the game throughout Wales by offering lots of new opportunities to play. With increased playing opportunities, there is great potential for getting involved in coaching.
UK Coaching Certificate (UKCC) Level 1 Course
UKCC is the new initiative to standardise coaching qualifications in the UK across all sports
- UKCC Level 1 Volleyball was written in 2009 with Level 2 currently under construction
- 1st4sport UKCC Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Volleyball is suitable for those who are new to coaching but with some previous experience
- The course runs over 3 days and costs £182.50 per candidate
- The Cardiff Metropolitan University is the only venue in Wales with accreditation to run the courses
- For more information about course dates, please contact Yvonne Saker on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mini Volley Course
- This course is aimed primarily at students (A level or GCSE), schoolteachers and 5 x 60 officers, but is open to all levels of experience.
- The course looks at the player development pathway in the exciting 3v3 format
- Mini Volley comprises of a set of activity cards which help teachers and coaches introduce the sport to young players
- The cards have been designed to help teachers satisfy the requirements of the National Curriculum at KS3
- Mini Volley courses run more regularly than the UKCC Level 1 and is only a 4 hour course
- It is a great way to get actively involved quickly!
If you are interested or wish to request a space on either course, please contact email@example.com
Referee Grade 4 Course
- Grade 4 is awarded to candidates who attend a two day course and successfully complete a theory examination on the rules of volleyball and use of the scoresheet.
- The course comprises of both theory and practical sessions but assessment of practical refereeing is not compulsory.
- The minimum age for this course is 16 years of age
- For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org